Code of Professional Conduct and Safe Practice
- All Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council members must agree:
- To observe Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council's Code of Ethics, Rules and Regulations and a Code of Professional Conduct and Safe Practice. Click Here for Full Code
- To behave in a strictly professional manner towards clients
and fellow practitioners, refraining from any conduct that
could bring themselves or their profession into disrepute.
- To recognise the limitations in their own professional
competence and not to give advice and treatment in areas
outside those covered by their professional qualifications.
- To safeguard at all times, the client's right to total confidentiality
and avoid using a position of trust to exploit clients financially,
sexually or in any other way.
- To take a case study of every client and to obtain a signed disclaimer form prior to starting treatment. To keep and maintain accurate records of all treatments given to every client. to conform with laws on Data Protection and insurance.
- To follow good hygiene procedures and safe practice.
- To treat those under the age of 16 years only with
the parent or guardian in the room and with their written
- To never discriminate against any individual on the basis
of religion, gender, race, sexual orientation or age and to act in the best interests of clients.
- To conform with Advertising Standards Guidelines and refrain from advertising on leaflets or website claims to curing any medical conditions
- To immediately report any complaints or criminal convictions made against them to AcuC and to also inform the insurance company that holds their professional liability insurance.
- Student members are not permitted to advertise themselves as an acupuncturist or other therapist until fully qualified.but they may advertise
that they are a student in training doing acupuncture or other therapy case studies approved by their training college. They must make clear to all those who are the subjects of their case studies that they are practising with student status which must be with the client's written consent.
Find a qualified therapist in your
area or read more information about:
| ayurvedic massage
herbalist | indonesian
massage | shiatsu
| tai chi | thai
tui na (chinese) massage | yoga