Membership Conditions & Requirements
Conditions AcuC Members must agree to be bound by:
- That you hold at least one recognised Chinese or other Oriental Therapy Qualification for Full Membership
- That the standards of your Qualifications are acceptable to AcuC.
- That you hold an acceptable qualification in Anatomy & Physiology or are medically qualified.
- To observe Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council's Code of Ethics, Rules and Regulations and Code of Professional Conduct and Safe Practice - Click Here for Full Code.
- Accept you are subject to the AcuC's Disciplinary Procedures if charged with Professional Malpractice or Ethical Misconduct.
- You pay your Membership subscription fees on time. All Membership subscription fees are non-refundable.
- To have full current Professional Indemnity Insurance at all times to a level of £5,000,000
- That in order to remain on the Public Register, you keep abreast of new knowledge and/or developments and skill aquisition.
- That if you have a qualification that requires updating or completing, you agree to complete this within a one year period.
- You accept that the membership/Registration Certificate & Logo issued by AcuC remains the property of AcuC and you agree to it's cessation of Membership if you do not renew your annual membership
- That you have not been refused nor had any membership terminated for any disciplinary or professional matter by any Professional Body or Association.
Membership is open to all those with at least one recognised Oriental Qualification in one of the following:
- Full Body Acupuncture which includes acupuncture for internal conditions as well as musculo-skeletal conditions.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture only in conjunction with Full Acupuncture qualifications.
- Microsystems Acupuncture e.g. Auricular Acupuncture.
- TCM auxilliary therapies e.g. Moxa, Cupping & Electro-Acupuncture.
- All styles of Oriental Massage e.g. Tui Na, Thai, Indonesian, Shiatsu & Acupressure.
- Degree level or Diploma qualifications from Acupuncture Acutherapy Accreditation Board (AAAB) Accredited College (can include Tui Na).
- Acupuncture/TCM Degree or UK Diploma from a non-Bodyharmonics or AAAB Accredited College (contact hours and length of course will need to be approved).
- Three Year Diploma in Shiatsu
- Overseas Qualification and now resident in the U.K. (contact hours and length of course will need to be approved).
- Full Auricular Acupuncture from approved Colleges