Membership Conditions & Requirements
Conditions AcuC Members must agree to be bound by:
- That you hold at least one recognised Chinese or other Oriental Therapy Qualification for Full Membership
- That the standards of your Qualifications are acceptable to AcuC.
- That you hold an acceptable qualification in Anatomy & Physiology or are medically qualified.
- To observe Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council's Code of Ethics, Rules and Regulations and Code of Professional Conduct and Safe Practice - Click Here for Full Code.
- Accept you are subject to the AcuC's Disciplinary Procedures if charged with Professional Malpractice or Ethical Misconduct.
- You pay your Membership subscription fees on time. All Membership subscription fees are non-refundable.
- To have full current Professional Indemnity Insurance at all times to a level of £5,000,000
- That in order to remain on the Public Register, you keep abreast of new knowledge and/or developments and skill aquisition.
- That if you have a qualification that requires updating or completing, you agree to complete this within a one year period.
- You accept that the membership/Registration Certificate & Logo issued by AcuC remains the property of AcuC and you agree to it's cessation of Membership if you do not renew your annual membership
- That you have not been refused nor had any membership terminated for any disciplinary or professional matter by any Professional Body or Association.
- Local Council requirements for you and Premises - Click here for more info
Membership is open to all those with at least one recognised Oriental Qualification in one of the following:
- Full Body Acupuncture which includes acupuncture for internal conditions as well as musculo-skeletal conditions.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture only in conjunction with Full Acupuncture qualifications.
- Microsystems Acupuncture e.g. Auricular Acupuncture.
- TCM auxilliary therapies e.g. Moxa, Cupping & Electro-Acupuncture.
- All styles of Oriental Massage e.g. Tui Na, Thai, Indonesian, Shiatsu & Acupressure.
- Degree level or Diploma qualifications from Acupuncture Acutherapy Accreditation Board (AAAB) Accredited College (can include Tui Na).
- Acupuncture/TCM Degree or UK Diploma from a non-Bodyharmonics or AAAB Accredited College (contact hours and length of course will need to be approved).
- Three Year Diploma in Shiatsu
- Overseas Qualification and now resident in the U.K. (contact hours and length of course will need to be approved).
- Full Auricular Acupuncture from approved Colleges