Membership Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get with my Membership?
- A personalised printable certificate stating Therapies you offer which are covered by AcuC
- A listing on the National Register of Members, colour coded according to your style and type of Therapy.
- Use of the letters MAcuC (Member of Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council) after your name.
- Access to discounted, high quality, competitive Professional Liability Insurance with Holistic Insurance Services, who also cover any non-Oriental complementary therapies.
- Student Membership also get access to the discounted Professional Liability Insurance.
- Use of the AcuC Members Logo for your own marketing purposes.
- The AcuC promotes the interests for members in matters of Regulations, Training Standards and Accreditation.
- A Code of Professional Ethics and Practice which ensures safety and well-being of the General Public.
- Exclusive access to a Private Facebook Group for Members only
- The AcuC does not discriminate on the basis of Ethnic Origin, Nationality, Age or Gender.
What do I need to Practice Acupuncture in my Local Council Area
- Local Council Licence for you and your premises (if you have one) - Click Here for Government Website on Licencing
Please ensure if you are working from someone elses Clinic that they have a Premises License with the Local Council
- Professional Indemnity Insurance from a recognised Insurance Provider - Click Here for Discounted Professional Indemnity from Holistic Insurance Services if you are a Member of AcuC
- Membership of a Professional Regulator like us, Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council (AcuC) - Click here to Join Us
- Check if your Local Council requires:
- Sharps Disposal Contract with recognised provider
- Clinical Waste Disposal Contract with recognised provider
- Business Waste Disposal Contract with recognised provider (please note the Local Council may be able to help with these)
- For your Clinic, please check & adhere to their requirements e.g. Sink, Washable Floor etc.