The Role of the Acupuncture-Acutherapy's Governing Board
The Board are volunteers who help to set and maintain the standards listed here.
- To set standards for voluntary registration which ensure the protection of the public with provision of safe and high quality Oriental therapies.
- To establish the standards and policy needed for practitioners to become members of the register.
- To represent and regulate Acupuncture and Acutherapy Oriental Medicine practitioners and students and their interests.
- To enable Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council to best serve all of its Members.
- To enhance public health and well-being by promoting the profession and benefits of:
- To co-ordinate the dual interests of needling and hands-on therapies.
- To regulate and improve the practice & management of Acupuncture and Acutherapies.
- To advance the Acupuncture and Acutherapy professions in the UK.
Traditional Chinese Acupuncture and other varied Acupuncture styles as valid, safe and effective healthcare systems.
Oriental Acutherapy which includes varied Massage & Bodywork therapies.